The Art Party for 2013 is over!
The party was a big success. But the needs of the P.S. 34 art program continue.
What is the Art Party?
A Benefit to Support Art Education at The Oliver H. Perry School, P.S. 34, Greenpoint Brooklyn.
- Preview of the annual Art Show with 700 artworks by the children of P.S. 34.
- Live performances by The Hugh Pool Band, Jack O’Neill, and avant-garde music stylist Shahla Atlas.
- Silent auction of contemporary artwork by renowned artists including Roxy Paine, Johanna Unzueta, Felipe Mujica, David Armstrong, Jean Pagliuso, McDermott & McDough, Chris Doyle, Dustin Cohen, as well as Yankees tickets, restaurant gift certificates, spa treatments and a sailing trip!
- Monies raised by this event will be used to fund the art program.
When is the Art Party?
May 22, 2013 at 7 pm
Where is the Art Party?
From the Source furniture showroom, 69 West St., Greenpoint Brooklyn, NY 11222
Why are We Doing the Art Party?
Due to recent budget cuts, PS 34, a Presidential Blue Ribbon School,is scrambling to preserve their art program. While P.S. 34 clearly values the importance of reading, writing, math and science in their curriculum, they equally recognize the necessity of ART education in teaching children to become creative problem solvers of the 21st century.
The art program at PS 34 is led by teacher Lisa Summa, a twenty-year veteran of the New York City public schools. Currently, she is in her 9th year as art teacher. “My philosophy is simply that I want to expose as many children as possible to the visual arts. At the elementary school level, it is about experimentation, exploration and enjoyment. I think it is important to introduce art history even at a young age. You would be surprised how moved they are by famous artists.” says Ms. Summa.
Questions? Contact: Jessica Murray (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Lisa Summa (email@example.com).
Tickets $40 / Teachers $25
Mini Jake Kids
178 N 9th St Brooklyn, NY 11211
Greenpoint Toy Center
738 Manhattan Ave Brooklyn, NY 11222
Oliver H. Perry School
131 Norman Ave Brooklyn, NY 11222
(starting 5/15/13 in the school yard at drop off and pick up, weather permitting)
- From the Source
- North Brooklyn
- Steven Zelin, CPA
- Carlton Arms Art Project
- Barbara McGlameryand Adam Perlmutter
- Chalk Gym
- John Demsey
- Tribeca Pediatrics
- Dustin Cohen
- Enrique Pastor
- Fresh Direct
- Eastern District
- Dunkin’ Donuts
643 Manhattan Avenue
- Barbara and Kevin McKenna
- Mollie and Jack O’Neill
- Red Bull
- Live Nation
- Northside Pharmacy
- Hachette Book Group
- Williamsburg Beauty and Spa